Monday, January 28, 2008

Filipino Renaldo Lapuz American Idol Phenomenon

Simon said so himself, "I have a horrible feeling that it's going to be a hit record."

Already, this song has about a dozen remix versions and a lot of covers, and even some by famous artists! Renaldo Lapuz had his 15 minutes of fame but has managed to immortalize himself and his now famous song into the hearts of millions around the world -and Youtube!

This 44-year old Filipino from Reno, Nevada works on a night crew from Walmart. And according to his official website (yes, he has an OFFICIAL WEBSITE!) the Sacramento Kings who are owned by the Mallof family (they also own the Palms Hotel in Las Vegas) invited Renaldo to be their special guest for a game this season! He was also featured on Fox News. Undoubtedly the next American Idol sensation. And all this because of a song he wrote for... Simon?! ^_^



I can't seem to get the tune out of my head for some reason... hehe "I am you brother, your best friend forever..." lol. OMG I think I just memorized the lyrics to the song! And that little dance Paula did at the last part of the video was kinda creepy... Hehe Rock on my FIlipino brother!

No comments: